Sunday, April 4, 2010

VOIP

My experience with VoIP has always been a positive one. My family and I are very familiar with skype because our family lives across the globe so it's a very effective way to keep in touch and see everyone on a fairly regular basis, not to mention, it's free! It's nice because we are able to see what people are doing, and hear their voices at the same time which makes you feel as if you were there with them. Other than skype, to keep in touch I've also used AIM chat which is another form of VoIP which I find to be more convenient with friends since most of my friends have AIM. However, I feel like when I used Jing, I was having problems recording the video because even though I skyped with my mom for a bit, only about 30 seconds showed up and the quality shown on the Jing link is less than average, freezing up often and with bad sound quality even though the actual video call on skype itself went smoothly. However, I noticed that Jing does a good job with efficiently recording actions being done on a computer. I would say that my experience with Skype was great, as usual, but I'm not too sure about Jing.

http://www.screencast.com/users/hsmbb/folders/Jing/media/0cd5fb00-87ea-4eb5-96f5-f5a6da4e0d43

No comments:

Post a Comment